Sunday, April 10, 2016

Loving and Kindness

On the Sundays I am scheduled to work, I do not have to go in until the early afternoon.

When I got up this morning, I was feeling a need to listen to Charles Stanley.  I listen to him from time to time, but this morning the feeling was especially strong.  So, I went to his intouch.org website, and clicked on today's TV message.

And to say this sermon touched and spoke to me, is truly an understatement.  Today's sermon was about listening to and obeying the Lords counsel, and in return you will find lovingkindness all around you.  This is something that I feel I need in my life, as I work with the public, and loving and kindness are two things that are, woefully, in short demand.

I am a saved individual, and try as I might to see the good in people, have some days that really works hard to try my beliefs.  Being in the public, you are exposed to many different types of people, but the ones that seem to show themselves the most are the hateful, rude, and unfriendly types.  Sad, but very true.

After listening to Dr. Stanley, and his message that following the Lords counsel will not make things perfect, nor will it guarantee there will not be hardships, but does assure that your life will be greatly enriched, and you will find loving and kindness all around you, I have come to the decision to make a few changes in mine and the girls lives.

They will, for me and the girls, be pretty big changes, but I think we will adjust and do fine.  They are changes that are needed, and in the long run will bring the lovingkindness that Dr. Stanley spoke of closer to us....and strengthen our relationship with our Lord.

And, with that, please allow me to leave you with this:

Psalms 32: 8-11

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

9 Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding. Whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check.  Otherwise they will not come near to you

10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked.  But he trusts in the LORD, lovingkindness shall surround them.

11 Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous ones; and shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment