Friday, April 29, 2016

If not now...when?

As I sit down to write this blog post, I realize that another week has come and gone, and it is Friday again.  I also realize that I do not know where the days go anymore.  

I acquired a very good, yet temporary job a couple of months ago.  I get plenty of hours, and have even almost caught up on our bills that woefully had fallen many months behind.  After another paycheck, it looks like we will be all square, and can start to breath again.  Well, as well as we can these days.  I pray nightly that this wonderful job will last as long as possible.  I know that the hours will not always be great, but this job affords me to work out of the home, and be near to my girls almost all the time.  With them getting along in years, and recent bouts with their health, every moment spent with them is precious.  

I have been working, well started working, on a plan that will minimize how much we need to pay the bills.  I am not one for buying much other than the necessities.  Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I would love to have, but being able to work out of the home, and devising a plan to keep it that way is the thing I want the most.  So, I have listed our current bills, and am in the process of whittling them down to the bare minimum.  It will take some willpower, and some serious slashing of luxuries, but I think I can work it out.  

I am going to the movies with dear friends on May 6th, and then that will most probably be the last time I will be able to splurge.  My goal, as of today, is to get my primitive decor online business up and running, and also get my small primitive decor business out of the home going as well.  To say it is going to be an uphill battle would be an understatement.  But, this is a direction I really feel I need to take in  my life.  I feel the Lord is telling me to work harder at my dreams, so that is what I am going to do.

 If not now....when?

1 comment: