Friday, September 20, 2013

Today is a GRAND Day!!

Wow, did not realize it had been so long since my last post.  Although, in my defense, not much going on here except me feeling under the weather.  I have sinus/allergy issues around this time every year, and this year is proving no different.  But, Miss Rooh and Baby Booh are doing a great job taking care of me, giving me lots of smoochies and cuddles :)

And today is a GRAND day!! It is the girls 11th birthday!! YAYAYAYAY!!   Eleven years ago today the Good Lord saw fit to bring these two little miracles into this world, so that they may first be a comfort to my mother, through her illness, and then a comfort to me when I lost both my parents, and when I started my new life...with just me and the girls.  To be honest, I really don't think I would have lasted through it all, if I did not have the girls making the journey with me.  So, today is their day...we will do what they want, when they want.  And, that includes a nice big brunch of their favorite foods...pancakes and eggs.  I do so love them, and pray that they know that I do.


Tuesday was a work day at *da job* for posters.  I know it may sound like I do not like this job, but it is totally one of the best jobs I have ever held.  I go in, do my job, make my fixture look great, then leave.  I know this job will not last forever, but while I have it, I am going to continue to enjoy it :)


Tuesday night, we had one of the prettiest moons at dusk that we have had in a while.  It was the type of moon that I would have thought the local coyotes would have howled at.  But, to my disappointment, I didnt hear any :(


This was the pretty sky that blanketed the holler on Wednesday morning.  A truly pastel, cotton candy, look, with hues of blue and pink...glorious!!!  Wednesdays are the day that I work for my aunt, each week.  This was a light week on orders, which I was kind of grateful for, because it was Wednesday morning when my allergies/sinuses started making me feel bad.  I was really sluggish all morning, and when the orders were done, I came in and decided to lay down for an hour or so.  I laid down at around 12:30p and the girls woke me up...at 6pm.  I slept the whole day away, and if you knew me, you would know I only do that kind of day time sleeping when I am sick.


I am now officially to the headache stage, and the body aches.  This is the stage I could really stand to skip, but it all goes with it.  When I got up from my *nap* Wednesday, I decided to work on some beading.  This is my work in progress, a breast cancer awareness bracelet, with the plan for matching earrings.  October is national breast cancer awareness month, and I hope to have a couple of bracelets to offer in my shoppe for this cause.  I have not lost anyone to breast cancer, but I have lost dear family members to other types of cancer.  That is why I am also planning on offering other types of awareness bracelets as well.  Keep an eye on my facebook page for announcements on when these bracelets will be available.


Yesterday was a day that was filled with job looking, and more feeling yucky.  I got a couple of orders ready and sent out in the mail, as well as writing out most of my bills for the month.  I do not like bill time...I am always so low on money and fear that it will be then that something happens, and I will be short.  But, even though that has happened more than once, I am grateful that I find a way to make it work :)
Took my Aunt Meg to Walmart last night, to get her stuff for her meals next week.  While there, of course, we had to check out the beading aisle.  Now, this aisle has not changed in its offerings for a good 6-8 months, but we both are drawn to this aisle, each time we visit the store.  I am coming to the realization that my hobby is taking on a life of its own...LOL!!!


I tried to snap a pic of the harvest moon last night, as it hovered over the holler, but this is the best I can do at night with my little camera.  There was a bit of fog, and it really gave it all an eerie appearance, which with Halloween coming, seemed quite appropriate.  Again, I did not hear any coyote howling at this moon either.


Miss Rooh has been enjoying the moving of the bird feeder to outside her window.  She loves to watch things, and there are two female cardinals that come to the feeder, several times each day, and Miss Rooh watches them like a hawk.  I move the feeder each fall, so that during the winter she has something to look at out her window.  I do think she likes it.

Well, I guess that gets you all updated up until today.

As always, me and the girls send prayers and hopes of a blessed day to you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment