Monday, August 26, 2013

And so, another week begins...


Well, another week has began, and as you can see above, Rooh is up and and at it in true form.  She has already talked me out of six yummies this morning, torn up one toy, and found something to bark at and assert her domain over.  I'd say it has been a good Monday already for her :)


Me, on the other hand, have not even started my work day yet.  I am scheduled to do my secondary job *which is becoming more of my primary job lately* and will be stocking posters in your friendly neighborhood Walmarts in Eastern KY today.  I really like this job, have had it for a little over a year now, and it is great.  My boss is great as well, and is a no-nonsense kind of person, which is what I really like about him.  I have only met him once, but hope to get to meet him again really soon.


I had planned on yesterday being a *lazy day* for me and the girls, but it didn't work out that way.  I ended up canning some green beans, the last I figure from our garden this year.  It was not a very good year for us and beans this year.  The bugs ate much more than we are going to eat, and the ones that I did get canned, I had to carve on them a lot to even use them.  Between the green beans, tomatoes and green peppers, this was not a very productive year in our garden.  But, we are all three grateful for what we did get, and will enjoy it very much.  I am hoping to be able to by some green beans at the local Davis Market in Paintsville, to help supplement the pints I already have done.  


Next up on my list, when I get back from *da job* today, will be to start on canning more apples.  My aunt has three apple trees in her yard, and they have been covered in apples this year.  I have canned a few already, but got a little heavy handed on the syrup.  So, those will have to be used for cobblers.  And, I tried my hand at a little bit of applesauce...I loved the way it turned out.  Now, I am going to can some more apples, only not in such heavy syrup this time.  

After the apples, I still have tomatoes to get put up *a few anyways*, some yellow peppers, and some sweet onions.  I am trying to can this year, instead of freezing much.  The electric here is so unreliable so often, and last year I lost some stuff, so I am not going to freeze unless I absolutely have to this year.  



I guess I should be getting ready for work.  I will leave you with these beautiful pictures of my darling baby Booh, enjoying the sun on our deck.  She is very camera shy, and it is hard to snap a pic of her, and her not know it.  But for some reason, she was in a pic taking mood this morning.  Enjoy all, and from me and the girls, have a wonderful Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. When planting a garden next year, to keep the bad bugs away, plant some lavender around the perimeter of the garden, and the only bugs that will attract would be the good ones, like the ones to help pollinate but not gobble! Hehehe! My mom's garden did have a single bug, but my lavender must have came up a little to ward them off. The only thing to gobble mom's garden was a giant turtle found near the creek, deer, and rabbits. *shrugs* Oh well, might try moth balls next year to rid it of the big critters.

    ReplyDelete